“It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price, than a fair company at a wonderful price.” – Warren Buffett.
There are 200 plus countries in the world. Where exactly do we look for the next big investment idea? Well, we did ponder that question for a bit and the answer is very simple. Look close. Look around. Take off binoculars and put on your convex lenses.
The United States is the fertile ground for investors and pioneers since the arrival of the first Spanish Ships. Private property rights are guaranteed by the United States government which gives Americans incentives to work hard and earn wealth. This sole idea has propelled a lot of entrepreneurs to create great companies.
Top 10 companies by revenue.
- Walmart – $482.1 billion. (US)
- State Grid Corporation of China – $330 billion. (China)
- China National Petroleum Corporation – $299 billion. (China)
- Sinopec Group – $294 billion. (China)
- Royal Dutch Shell – $272 billion. (Holland)
- Exxon Mobil – $246 billion. (US)
- Volkswagen – $230 billion. (Germany)
- Toyota Motor – $237 billion. (Japan)
- Apple Inc. – $233 billion. (US)
- BP plc – $226 billion. (UK)
Top 10 best brand in the world according to Forbes (2019).
Below is the list of top 15 companies by Market Capital in 2018.
United States dominates the top 10 list and it does for good reasons. This does not mean there are not good investment options elsewhere. Unless you are a full time security analyst there is no need to look elsewhere for investment. United States serves a great variety and quality investment options. The choice is yours.
Disclaimer – Long position on (List)